BNP Paribas today hosts a celebration to commemorate 50 years of successful operations in Singapore, with the island nation’s Deputy Prime Minister and Coordinating Minister for Economic and Social Policies, Tharman Shanmugaratnam, joining Group CEO Jean-Laurent Bonnafé at a gala event for clients held at the National Museum of Singapore.
“As Singapore has transformed from a new nation to global hub, we are humbled to have played a role supporting its development,” said Mr Bonnafé. “I am pleased to be here personally to share this special anniversary with our clients and staff, many of whom have been with us for decades.”
Today BNP Paribas employs some 2200 people in Singapore which is also the home of its Asia Pacific campus which has trained more than 16,000 employees since 2014. The bank is pleased to strengthen this commitment to the country through its support of a room dedicated to children with additional needs at the National Museum of Singapore, which is the first of its kind for the institution.
The Quiet Room is part of the museum’s upcoming initiative Quiet Thursdays, welcoming people with additional needs to visit an hour prior to official opening hours in a quieter environment every Thursday. The initiative which will be launched later this year in line with the National Heritage Board’s Our SG Heritage Plan, which aims to encourage greater accessibility to cultural and heritage spaces to groups with additional needs and matches the bank’s commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Over the course of 50 years’ operating in Singapore, BNP Paribas has built a strong, integrated and diversified franchise covering Corporate and Institutional Banking, Securities Services, Asset Management and Wealth Management.
Geraldine DING +65 6210 1291 firstname.lastname@example.org
About BNP Paribas in Asia Pacific
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees and a presence in 14 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 markets with more than 194,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION FOR REPORTERS
About the Quiet Room and Its Benefits
- The museum’s first dedicated space that caters to children with additional needs.
- Designed to provide a calming and relaxing environment for children, to offer them a safe place to prepare them for the museum visit or to retreat to.
- It will also be fitted with settings that can be turned on for sensory and tactile elements to enhance children’s museum-going experience.
- The room which is located on the second floor of National Museum is about 25 square metres in size.
- The room will be available for use in the last quarter of 2018.
Profile of Target Beneficiaries
- Mainly families with children with additional needs and Special Education schools.
- It will be open to these families and visiting Special Education Schools, during Quiet Thursdays. It will also be made available to these families and schools who visit the museum on other days.